A trot fishing line manufacturer wanted to dye Nylon cord or twine to change it from white to green. His cost for purchasing it pre-dyed was about twice the cost of the white twine. We designed and built a machine that did the following:
1. Pull the twine off of the supply spool
2. Dip the twine a number of times in a vat of simmering water laced with green die
3. Squeeze water out of the twine
4. Dry the twine as it passed through a drying chamber with a counter flow of hot dry air
5. Rewind the dyed twine onto another spool.
The process required no operator intervention other than replacing the spools as required.